Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 12 of 12

Thread: Looking for a new stereo receiver

  1. #11
    Inactive Member Jerry Horne's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 16th, 2007
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Carl Bill, I have been looking at a lot of the vintage audio but I worry about the age and if it might need repair some where in the future. It is almost impossible to find reliable people that work on the vintage stuff. I see you are from Owasso; I worked with a lot of the American Airlines guys there in 1997 to 2002. I lived in Brokenarrow at the time.

    Russnohio, I really enjoyed the picture of your Sansui receiver. In the early 70?s when I was getting out of the service there were a lot of guys buying the top of the line equipment like yours. Now days it is all about surround sound and ipods. I bet you can not find in to days market an equal to your receiver with out buying at least three separate pieces. If you every stumble up another receiver like yours let mo know. Thanks again

  2. #12
    Senior Hostboard Member Carl Bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2005
    Location
    Limestone Oklahoma
    Posts
    200
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    JW48 - I actually worked for Sabre - a part of American at one time. I now work for EDS.

    The Behringer amp is new electronics - not vintage. I am just not sure of a lower cost new preamplifier.

    I assume you miss Oklahoma? forums I have lived here most of my life and don't want to leave. forums

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.